We are happy to announce Mike Simons as our 2nd Winner of Beastx Units Raffle !!!
Also we would like to say many thanks to all of you that participated in the raffle, more raffle are coming, stay tuned…
Some words from Mike:
First, let me say how thrilled I am to have won this contest. My name is Mike Simons, I am 61 years old, I live in Grand Junction, Colorado, I have been flying “planks” for about 12 years (not well), however I was given my first R/C Helicopter for Christmas in 2010–I’m Hooked!! It was an E-Flite Blade CX2 (by the attached photo, you can see that I have highly modified it). I don’t belong to a club yet; there’s a club in Grand Junction, however they concentrate on R/C airplanes. I’m thinking about contacting the AMA regarding starting a heli club here, but I have not pursued this as yet.
My R/C helicopter equipment:
- Spektrum DX6i (bound to all of the following)
- PhoenixRC simulator (version 4 Beta)
- Revell ProtoMax (Xtreme aluminum swash, I modified the flybar with carbon fiber to stiffen it, and built a “crazy” landing gear out of carbon fiber rods and epoxy.
- Blade CX2 with MicroHeli swash, extended inner and outer shafts, higher power brushed motors, better blade grips with less breakable blades, tail boom and less breakable battery holder and skids.
- Blade MQX with a “McDonald’s” sundae lid canopy with part of a ping pong ball glued on.
- Blade MSRX with MicroHeli blade grips and longer boom.
- Blade MCPX with MicroHeli swash and rotor head using the “bullet” blades and KBDD tail rotor.
NOW, BECAUSE OF WHAT I’VE WON, I’LL NEED TO INVEST IN A LARGER HELI WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT. IT MAY BE A WHILE BECAUSE MONEY IS VERY TIGHT. I’m on a leave of absence from work because of health problems. Still, I thank you for this opportunity!!
I really do appreciate your daily heli news in my inbox!!!
Reported by: Helidaily Team